Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Formula One did the repairs for Progressive after somebody backed into my '06. They removed, repaired and repainted the front bumper cover as part of the repair. On it's return, after a rain shower, the passenger side marker blew, and i found the lens filled with water. I brought it back to Progressive, and Formula One's VP looked at it himself. And while he was a nice enough guy, and replaced the bulb, he blew me a line about it having previously been that way.

A week later, and more rain, and now both side markers are blown, and I found water inside the lenses on both sides immediately following the rain.

Georgia had some pretty serious rains this fall. Flooding and weeks when we didn't see sun. And through it all, never did the side markers collect water, or blow out. After getting my car back from Formula One, both sides are blown and leaking.

Progressive is no help- they won't back up their guarantee, and though they have no explanation for the "spontaneous" leaking, they say it's my problem now.

Neither business will be seeing my money again.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Did you specify that the replacement parts to be OEM? Are the amber sidemarkers OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't replace the OEM side markers, just repaired and repainted the bumper cover. I have no idea how you can screw up the side markers in doing that, but they have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts