Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm a long time McLaren/Mercedes fan and think it's finally time for me to reach deeper into my wallet to purchase one of these fine vehicles. I'll start my search around December and hope to have an SLK55 AMG around spring time.

My previous cars have been a 05 limited Crossfire, 05 SRT6 Crossfire, 99 Firebird Convertable (I still own), and 98 Dodge Neon (First car). I just turned 25 and am an IT professional for a large practice here in Nashville, TN.

I found this site @ MBWorld.org and am glad I did, their SLK forum has started to run dry.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan....... Also had a SRT6 Coupe and several Crossfire Roadster Limiteds!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome thirteendog.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,105 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome... 55's have a great soundtrack.. (not that I have one)... :)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
They were awesome cars and a lot of fun, to bad the dealers in my area sucked.
Hopefully, those "were" the dealerships that did not continue with the NEWCO - Chrysler.... Usually, only a few techs understood the Crossfire at Chrysler dealerships and may explain why they "sucked". My Chrysler build vehicles consistently had better service experiences at Chrysler dealerships than when they serviced a Crossfire..... I always had to show the dealer service representatives how to reset the DSS for the next service mileage indicator. Not the way to satisfy the customer regardless who built the vehicle. Again, Welcome to this forum - I have learned a lot from the resources that contribute to the forum and I am sure you will as well.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully, those "were" the dealerships that did not continue with the NEWCO - Chrysler.... Usually, only a few techs understood the Crossfire at Chrysler dealerships and may explain why they "sucked". My Chrysler build vehicles consistently had better service experiences at Chrysler dealerships than when they serviced a Crossfire..... I always had to show the dealer service representatives how to reset the DSS for the next service mileage indicator. Not the way to satisfy the customer regardless who built the vehicle. Again, Welcome to this forum - I have learned a lot from the resources that contribute to the forum and I am sure you will as well.
Sadly when I had problems with the car I had to find out what the answer was from crossfireforum.org. Afterwards I would show the service advisor what needed to be fixed and then he'd ignore me and replace another part only to come back later and do exactly what I would tell him to do in the first place. Some of that could be because I was 21, but those were the worst experiences I've ever had with a dealer. Sadly though, they made it through the Chrysler closings... Lost their GM/Pontiac side though :D

Personally I'll look around for a few months before I start to ask questions or make many comments... unless it's a conversation about F1 ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.