Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Turdo2 , Hey Aaron (and anyone else interested),

This pic is of the Chrysler Hemi Motor in my old mate John's all steel 1941 Willys Coupe, it is the only one I could find, and we lost touch when he emigrated a few years back.

The sound of the blown motor is just out of this world amazing when she's fired up, a thing of beauty.

I know he still has the Car, and was planning on Dragging it again in Australia, see him on FB now and then.

It really is gorgeous, and priceless too. I know he would likely never part with the Car.

I found an old U Tube Video, John in the Driving Seat firing her up see below. IIRC this was filmed at his old Garage in Erith Kent, good days for sure :smile:

Turn that sound right up >:D

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aaron,

Yeah, I can believe that I'm sure it would, good engine those old Straight 6's :smile:

But ...............

My super techno W220 S55 fired right up after standing 6 years in a Barn on Isle of Skye :p

Well it did after some serious interrogation with SDS, and some good used modules, SAM's and ECU, Shifter, EIS, with Keys set lol

The TCU died originally, then a load of numpty garages who tried to fix it ended up frying a couple of SAMs, Engine ECU and EIS, it got returned to it's owner on a truck and there it sat for years until the old fella died and I bought it off his son who was selling off the croft and everything else.

3 weeks and I had it going, and a lot of that time was waiting for parts off EBay :grin:

Cheers Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts