Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
It has been insane.. I can't think of how many days the index has been over 100 up here.. Supposedly it will break this upcoming week, but I'm not holding my breath.

My supervisor called me earlier today and notified me I would be working this weekend with a minimum of 8hr/day shifts.. This really blows since most of my work is outside and my moral is already plummeting.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
In my previous life as a mailman, our vehicles would get well over 100* with little if any cooling(no a/c, horrible ventilation, the fan blew the hot air off the windshield in your face...)... Hang in there Tibb; keep hydrated and DO apply some good ol' ss!

One good(?) thing; I haven' had to cut the grass in 3 weeks!!!

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
out here it's been top down with the AC on at 5/5... except for that ride we had up in the hills... at 109 degrees... had to put the top up!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
morals plummeting or morale? former can be fun, latter not so much...

hang in there buddy - so now y'all want some of that cold Canadian air maybe?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ack.. amazing what typing a reply out tired will produce! I think it's a bit of both that are falling though! I've stopped dressing anything like our policy says we are to dress..

I would love to find some 70 degree weather for..well..forever.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My dogs stay home all day in the nice air conditioned house rolling on my sofa (where they're not supposed to be) while I'm out earning their food money..

I suddenly feel very used..

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I hope that idiot gets it doggy style...

Tibb, it's better than child support...

Reactions: Tibbett

·
Registered
166 Posts
Geesh.. Even with my AC on it's 79 in the house.. granted it's a very old house and I've barely touched it. Before this heat wave came in I was two thirds of the way done with the new overhangs (still need painted)..

As it sits right now.. I'm still two thirds of the way done lol

Yeah..these two are way cheaper than child support. I buy a single 30lb bag of food every other week and we go to the vet once a year..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lesson learned the hard way; keep an extra bottle of sunscreen in the glovebox. Sure makes life easier. Stay cool and safe out there, friends.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.