Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Removed the SmartTOP from my r172 SLK today as having to p/x the car for something more practical. Only 4 months old, cost £265 new Have a video of it in action prior to removal.
If anyone is interested in buying it please message. Offers over £200.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,302 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
98,302 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK250
31 Posts
Hi
Removed the SmartTOP from my r172 SLK today as having to p/x the car for something more practical. Only 4 months old, cost £265 new Have a video of it in action prior to removal.
If anyone is interested in buying it please message. Offers over £200.

Did you use the function that allowed the rear windows to be put back up when the roof is down? I'm curious to know if that reduces the buffeting inside the car further still (yes the rear screen is fitted) I really don't understand why you can't anyway?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Did you use the function that allowed the rear windows to be put back up when the roof is down? I'm curious to know if that reduces the buffeting inside the car further still (yes the rear screen is fitted) I really don't understand why you can't anyway?
That's interesting, my SLC has a button that lifts or lowers all 4 windows.
Cant say that it has made any difference to the buffeting if the rears are up or down.
Must explore that further.
Main difference seems to be using a mesh wind deflector over a clear acrylic one.
The mesh deflector is better although visibility is poorer.

Reactions: Whyte

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I use the function that raises the rear windows when I open my SmartTop, @Whyte.

I believe it makes a difference - so I am pretty sure it must.

Got my top very soon after I bought the car - without doubt, the best mod you can make, along with changing the roof liner from solid to the cut-out version, giving a see-through roof.

Of course, simply making a mod, however small, makes a difference, even if only one of perception.

John

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,669 Posts
Well I've sent him a PM and I want to buy it but ........ no response!

I'm even in Wales!

Reactions: jbanks15

·
98,302 Posts
When did you send the pm?
@Uttled00

he just got to 16 posts so now can respond

·
1,669 Posts
Sent another one last night!

:)

·
1,669 Posts
Hope so.

Looks like I might get my car Thursday now so I'm champing at the bit! :) :) :)

·
Registered 2013 SLK250
31 Posts
That's interesting, my SLC has a button that lifts or lowers all 4 windows.
Cant say that it has made any difference to the buffeting if the rears are up or down.
Must explore that further.
Main difference seems to be using a mesh wind deflector over a clear acrylic one.
The mesh deflector is better although visibility is poorer.

So if Mercedes allow you to raise the rear quarter windows with the top down on the SLC then I wonder if that can be retro programmed into the SLK? need a friendly service person to look into that....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.