Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My intention was to purchase a R171 SLK and carry out some modifications to it but I never purchased the car and therefore have some parts to sell off.

I will list them over the coming week or so on the forum before they go on Ebay.

This listing is for the brilliant 3rd brake light adaptor produced by John. The item is brand new and unused (I only have one of these).

See this thread for more details:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/15456-johns-3rd-brake-light-adapter.html

£34 including recorded 1st class delivery to a UK address. Sorry but I will only post to the UK. Paypal payment only.

Please send me a message if you want to purchase the item or have any questions.

Thanks
James

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,112 Posts
It might work for the r170, but made for the r171
plus different versions for US and UK models

Originally Posted by Aycee View Post
Will this mod work on a 170?

Hey Aycee - can't think of any reason it won't work, only real question would be "are the connectors the same?"

I've installed one in my W203, and it works fine, same connectors.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you would ship to the US i'd send money now
Hi
I'm not sure if it would fit your car as I'm unsure if the UK and US versions are the same. Postage to US would be expensive too.

I'm happy to ship to you at your risk and there would be additional cost to post to the US.

Let me know.

Regards
James

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
John UK-C200 is most knowledgeable on the connectors used for UK and USA version, IIRC, even the install process is different.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John UK-C200 is most knowledgeable on the connectors used for UK and USA version, IIRC, even the install process is different.
On that basis I'll stick with my original post and the item is offered to a UK based purchaser only.

Regards
James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.