·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Software Service Update USA for $35

Disk 171 589 04 22 00

SW-Rel. 22.100

SW 46/06

Purchased this COMAND update disk (171 589 04 22 00) brand new for $40 from COMAND (comandonline.co.uk), turns out my head unit contained the same version of the software (46_2006
(V22.100) as this disk, hence there really wasn't an update for me.

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Couple of minor bug fixes, better route management, better TMS integration, and adds ETA to the main navigation display as an option.

If you search the forum for "Engineering Mode", you can see the sequence to check your firmware revision on the head. Should be noted this is a COMAND head update, not a Navigation update. MB is still including the navigation firmware updates on the map disks themselves.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you get ETA to the main navigation display as an option?...

What i currently do, is to plot a route, select 'info' from the onscreen option (after pushing one of the screen side buttons), and then selecting 'route'...then i think it shows ETA and remaining distance.

Would be nice to simply have that listed, instead of GPS location and Satellite count

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
How do you get ETA to the main navigation display as an option?...

What i currently do, is to plot a route, select 'info' from the onscreen option (after pushing one of the screen side buttons), and then selecting 'route'...then i think it shows ETA and remaining distance.

Would be nice to simply have that listed, instead of GPS location and Satellite count

The disk above will do what you want! :)

FYI - if you have Video in Motion enabled (non-US Heads), this update will disable it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The disk above will do what you want! :)
FYI - if you have Video in Motion enabled (non-US Heads), this update will disable it.
I need a tutorial then, i have tried every menu option to get ETA to show on the map screen....video in motion?, didn't even know this could play dvds

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it out...it's in the display options that pop up after you select one of the corner screen buttons, on the map view...now have ETA and remaining mileage shown, nice!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is this still available? I just checked my 2005 SLK 350 and I have the following:

SW Ver. HU: 13/2004

Will this work? I recently took my SLK to the dealer, and specifically asked for a Head Unit software upgrade (as per DanSLK), and they told me none was available. I knew they were lying, but I don't know why. So I guess if this will work, I'll just do it myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this still available? I just checked my 2005 SLK 350 and I have the following:

SW Ver. HU: 13/2004

Will this work? I recently took my SLK to the dealer, and specifically asked for a Head Unit software upgrade (as per DanSLK), and they told me none was available. I knew they were lying, but I don't know why. So I guess if this will work, I'll just do it myself.
Yes, it still is....i can't verify if it'll work for you, contact the folks at 'comandonline.co.uk', (where i bought it from), and ask if this disc will work for your car before buying this...pm me when you're ready.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry for digging up this old thread...

I got an original 2011 nav DVD but I am in need of a head unit update disk. I got hold of an HU update disk from another member with the same version as above (46/2006-v22.100) but for some reason my HU screen says wrong update disk. My current version is 06/2006-v20, do I need an intermediate update first since it seem to be a big jump from 06/2006 to 46/2006?

Thanks for everybody's help.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry for digging up this old thread...

I got an original 2011 nav DVD but I am in need of a head unit update disk. I got hold of an HU update disk from another member with the same version as above (46/2006-v22.100) but for some reason my HU screen says wrong update disk. My current version is 06/2006-v20, do I need an intermediate update first since it seem to be a big jump from 06/2006 to 46/2006?

Thanks for everybody's help.

I used the same disk (46/06) to update my 2005 SLK350 from 13/2004, and it worked great (no errors, etc).
Here is my "before" info:

I'm also selling my update disk here: http://www.slkworld.com/slk-parts-sale/26672-selling-r171-parts-smarttop-sprintbooster-first-aid-kit.html#post284470

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.