Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I bought a tin of Nu Finish Once a Year Car Polish. I did not like it as a polish and put the tin to one side. Recently I was about to have a clear out and checked the tin to find the components had separated into a cream and liquid. I thought I would just try it on my 'foggy' headlamp lenses out of curiosity. After applying a mix of liquid and cream with an old nail brush there was a marked difference in the appearance of the lense.
I have applied several times by now and I am very pleased with the results. I wish I'd taken before and after photos. I no longer need to replace the light units and the appearance of the car is much better. And its saved me a lot of money and trouble in using some of the stuff already on the market to do this job. I will apply once a month and they will be just fine. Try it

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK200
129 Posts
The cheapest and simplest way is with toothpaste.

Gently rub it on with a lint free cloth, then wipe off with a damp cloth and polish with a dry one.
It works.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,665 Posts
What you need now is to protect the headlight lenses from degrading in the sun again. Some guys have sprayed with clear UV resistant varnish. I 'wrapped' the headlights with clear vinyl intended for UV protection on windows. 2 seasons after doing it I peeled of the vinyl to find the lenses as good as new.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,843 Posts
The cheapest and simplest way is with toothpaste.

Gently rub it on with a lint free cloth, then wipe off with a damp cloth and polish with a dry one.
It works.
For about a month then the haze returns.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
924 Posts
You need a good UV protectant on afterwards. Cquartz is awesome, but even several coats of good wax will help a lot. Klasse sealant (silver bottle) is a very good long term "wax", it lasts 6-12 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.