Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the search but since I couldn't differentiate amongst all the forums the volume of information was too high.

Anyway, I have a 2003 320 and have had a broken glass on the left side (US drivers) since I got the car a couple of years ago. I was looking to replace the assembly but the pictures I see for the 'standard' car are rectangular while mine are essentially round (maybe a little egg shaped).

When I look at pictures of US 320's from 2003 they're all the shape that mine are but the parts lookup says that this is an AMG styling package. Mine isn't an SLK32 it's an SLK320.

What's up?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,480 Posts
Post your vin
we get you your datacard and the part number you seek
go to mb or an online oem parts place
get part :D :D

i believe the glass is round but the housing is rectangular

·
96,480 Posts

·
96,480 Posts
here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post your vin
we get you your datacard and the part number you seek
go to mb or an online oem parts place
get part :D :D

i believe the glass is round but the housing is rectangular
Thanks for all the help and information : see this link for a picture of what the front of my car looks like (I see round round round :surprise: )

http://imganuncios.mitula.net/red_03_mercedes_benz_slk_class_slk_320_roadster_slk320_5720055421803913824.jpg

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/290640d1266076583-2001-slk-320-roadster-sale-9-benz11.jpg

·
96,480 Posts
i believe you see round round round because you cannot see behind the bumper openings which are round round round :D. Other members will chime in and confirm or dispute that

those part numbers and pics are from your vin number, your car info :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i believe you see round round round because you cannot see behind the bumper openings which are round round round :D. Other members will chime in and confirm or dispute that

those part numbers and pics are from your vin number, your car info :D :D
I'm going to go with the flow here and guess that you (and soon enough, the others) will be right right right. :nerd:

Thanks very much!

·
96,480 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, your pics are non-amg facelift, with a sort D shape that only looks oval through the bumper cut out. You can turn your wheels all the way and easily peak in there:nerd: to verify/reach the two screws to remove. BTW, these were used on many models, so there are lots of aftermarket ones, and the original frosted lenses are kind of out of fashion. Even if you pay a ton for oem, a single one will probably look different than the other one that has been further sandblasted over time. You can get just the oem-type dull lens for about $25 each, but for $15 more you can get a matching pair of sparkling new, chrome-showing, bulbs-included, aftermarket assemblies. I love mine and found them to be oem quality. Here's just one example of the sort I mean 2001 07 Mercedes Benz W203 C Class Crystal Clear Fog Lights OE Style Pair Set | eBay

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2003 slk230, took the bumper off a while back for repairs. Took one of the fog lights out, it's somewhat rectangle.
What you see is what shows through the oblong cutout.
Jeff is correct on this one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checking and Ordering

Yes, your pics are non-amg facelift, with a sort D shape that only looks oval through the bumper cut out. You can turn your wheels all the way and easily peak in there:nerd: to verify/reach the two screws to remove. BTW, these were used on many models, so there are lots of aftermarket ones, and the original frosted lenses are kind of out of fashion. Even if you pay a ton for oem, a single one will probably look different than the other one that has been further sandblasted over time. You can get just the oem-type dull lens for about $25 each, but for $15 more you can get a matching pair of sparkling new, chrome-showing, bulbs-included, aftermarket assemblies. I love mine and found them to be oem quality. Here's just one example of the sort I mean 2001 07 Mercedes Benz W203 C Class Crystal Clear Fog Lights OE Style Pair Set | eBay
I'll be checking the car out this afternoon and then on to ebay to order me some fancy, schmancy new lights. :grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.