Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Ive swapped my tail lamps for all led. I’d now like the what is currently the fog lights to act as braking lights and the tail light be tail/fog. This is as per E Class W211.
I’ve looked at the wiring (physically, I’ve not seen a wiring diagram....yet) and it can’t be done at the cluster. I’m now wondering if it can be coded using DAS/STAR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated https://www.ctd.gr/datafiles/4694.gif

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,189 Posts
Doubtful.

@i860 @VII7

Are the intensities the same? UK law specifies intensity for each purpose.
I think the lens configuration is also different and may cause you MOT issues.

If anyone know re coding, it's the two members mentioned above.

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,705 Posts
Are they after market lamps ? Doubt it very much that das would do anything like that. It will program led head lights ect on new Models.

Best way is to rewire the lamp unit...however if the leds don't draw same power your dash will register a bulb out error

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My reasoning for thinking that it could be done by programming is the way that Canbus works. If a left headlamp fails then the Canbus will turn on the front left fog lamp in its place. The same goes for rear indicators, a fog lamp or stop lamp will flash instead.
I can’t alter the wiring at the lamp cluster as there is only a single wire going to the existing stop tail. Anyone know where the if there’s terminals elsewhere that may have the separate signals?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they after market lamps ? Doubt it very much that das would do anything like that. It will program led head lights ect on new Models.

Best way is to rewire the lamp unit...however if the leds don't draw same power your dash will register a bulb out error
Yes they are aftermarket lamps (see my opening post attachments) They are all led so current draw should not be an issue.

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,705 Posts
R
Yes they are aftermarket lamps (see my opening post attachments) They are all led so current draw should not be an issue.
My reasoning was that when I fitted a Led bulb to number plate lamps I had error , then when I fitted a multi Led bulb to the number plate lamps they are fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts