Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Registered
2012 SLK55 AMG
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how to remove the lower bumper fog light surrounds. They are a solid plastic moulding in the shape of a grille for oval shaped fog lights. I have tried to attach a photo from eBay. Hopefully it's worked. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
115,397 Posts
On the AMG there are 3 screws. Do you not see any screws perhaps because 'dirt' is covering them?

·
*Registered
2012 SLK55 AMG
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not an amg it's a 280. There are no external screws and I can't see a way to remove it yet. The picture should show the part and there are no screw holes. Thanks.

·
Founding Member 2006
115,397 Posts
I know it is not an AMG. I was just telling you what my AMG has as far as attaching for comparison. I will now go back into my cave. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi, does anyone know how to remove the lower bumper fog light surrounds. They are a solid plastic moulding in the shape of a grille for oval shaped fog lights. I have tried to attach a photo from eBay. Hopefully it's worked. Thanks.
You need to remove the whole bumper and grill assembly, then remove the fog light carriers from behind, then remove the fog light surrounds (aka "grills") from behind. See attached.

Attachments

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200K
66 Posts
Yep, you have to remove the frontbumper. Sometimes you don't have to remove the grill, that depents of the model bumper. Then you can remove the nut that you see in the fog light surround.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.