Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks,
Recently I lost my fog light plastic cover which protects from all the water and dirt getting into the bumper and on the fog light connector. (I don't know how to call this thing properly) It's listed in MB catalog as "covering". Finally, I found the part number and bought it online for only $6.50!!! The Stealership wanted $22 for that plastic thing! Crazy, isn't it?!

It's the Passenger's side (right)
The part number is A 170 884 02 22.

The driver's side (left) part number is A 1708840122=)

All you have to do is to plug it back in =) The easiest DIY I've done so far! :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is this where you purchased this part? I typed in the number, comes back as not available. Maybe a call to them works better?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

can anyone one give me the part number (or diagram) for this covering but the left hand side, I know he said 1708840222 but that's the right hand side

Mines just fallen off somewhere and I miss her madly, come home little covering I love you. :biglaugh:

Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,620 Posts
stephencd1,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
96,620 Posts
Hi

can anyone one give me the part number (or diagram) for this covering but the left hand side, I know he said 1708840222 but that's the right hand side

Mines just fallen off somewhere and I miss her madly, come home little covering I love you. :biglaugh:

Thanks
cover to paneling left is a1708840122
cover to trim paneling right is a1708840222

that is from a 320. if you post your vin, i can double check

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks how do you guys find the part numbers is there a website or a PDF to download. Thanks anyway :tu:
Ooops, did I misprint it Jeff? Thank you for correcting it!

Stephen, there's a PDF somewhere on this website with the part numbers and also there's a free MB catalog at www.startekinfo.com All you need to do is to sign up for it :)

·
96,620 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

NIce!! Worked perfectly for me....Just ordered one and it's on the way!!

PS.

My fog lamps stopped working so first I checked the fuses (duh)...all good....popped the hood, looked down and guess what I've found?!?!?!?!?!

All my wires chewed up by some freaking critter,,,seriously??? We had couple days of 25-27 F and appears a mouse or a rat, found that freaking hole in the splash shield cover is missing....:soap:

Food for thought if you think you dont need one

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
MSRP on that cover is only $8 or so. If you've got a dealer charging much more than that, you are really getting ripped. Many dealers just sell at what MSRP is. Some sell at wholesale which is generally 20% less. Others just rip you a new one and sell at MSRP plus a certain percentage. I'm fortunate that both of the dealers in my area charge MSRP or less if you ask. Our NC/SC SLK Group has an arrangement with one of our dealers to give all of our members a 15% discount on both parts and labor. We've had membership cards printed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.