Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
There are 4 types ...............

Xenon or Halogen Headlamps

Left or Right Hand Drive

Provided you match those 2 specs then it will work fine

Reactions: M4rCu5

*Premium Member
1997 SLK230K
The numbers for the different modules run from A170 545 0104 to ......0604. I'm pretty sure you will have got the right one since they tend to be market specific.

*Registered
1999 SLK230
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
follow up on Parking light malfuntion, I ordered the switch, (has'nt been here yet) didnt drive the car for one day kept battery disconnected, this morning I reconnected the battery, and, parking light didn't come on, I drove to work parked, turn off ignition, parking light didnt come on, question is; should I still replace the switch or it was the undercarriage wash finally dried, if its a switch, does it work normal once its infected or dammaged. I would like to have experts input please

**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
If it has dried out, (which I suspect), it may fail in the future as there will be festering corrosion going on within whatever got wet. If I were you I'd certainly keep the Lighting Moduel in case it re-occurs ;)

HTH :)

Reactions: M4rCu5

*Registered
1999 SLK230
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If it has dried out, (which I suspect), it may fail in the future as there will be festering corrosion going on within whatever got wet. If I were you I'd certainly keep the Lighting Moduel in case it re-occurs ;)

HTH :)
Thank you for your respose, I will definitely keep the one I got, and any other part that I find to add on my back up stock
cheers

*Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
There has been at least one instance that I know of where water droplets have run down the A-Pillar and worked their way into the switch. Be careful of pressure washing those roof seals ..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts