Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My left front foglight has cracked glass and now it collects moist inside.
Do I have to change the whole light or can I just change the glass?

I have SLK 350 with AMG package and Bi-Xenon.

Btw. Have I understood correctly that Bi-Xenon normally have turning light that uses foglights, but with AMG package its disabled?

-Animali

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
If I recall correctly (IIRC), the fog lights are replaced as a whole assembly. One cannot change the lens alone, because they don't sell just the lens separately.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
By the way (BTW), welcome Animali from southern California.

D

·
0 Posts
Eddy's right while its possible to change the glass MB don't sell it on its own so you need the whole housing.

And you are correct about the cornering lights they are non functional on AMG's or AMG styled cars.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
...And you are correct about the cornering lights they are non functional on AMG's or AMG styled cars.
I kinda prefer it this way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dont have the cornering function, just a 350 with standard lighting. I replaced only the glass on the foglight, IIRC it was about £8 (GBP)

It's a complete nightmare to change though, I did mine from inside the wheel arch. It is a struggle !

·
Registered
367 Posts
I saw something on oempartsdirect or whatever that site that offers OEM MB parts and it looked like they offer the glass for the non AMG lights but I guess they are slightly different for the AMG bumper.

I need to order up a left one for my car. It has a perfect round hole in it about 2" across. I think my dealer said they stock them as it is common.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I saw something on oempartsdirect or whatever that site that offers OEM Mercedes Benz parts and it looked like they offer the glass for the non AMG lights but I guess they are slightly different for the AMG bumper.

I need to order up a left one for my car. It has a perfect round hole in it about 2" across. I think my dealer said they stock them as it is common.
Here's the link: http://www.oempartsdirect.com/

The non-AMG lens is selling for MSRP USD$21/each. USD$17.22 from the oempartsdirect website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old, but I had a cracked driver's side fog lens that needed replacement back in Nov. '07. For the DIY folks out there, replacing the lamp yourself is not that difficult and a hell of a lot less expensive than having your dealership do it for you. Hope this helps somebody.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Old thread or not thanks for the information, it is appreciated.

By the way, Welcome to the forum from Atlanta!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Mine is busted right now. Going in to the dealer Thursday to be replaced. I would absolutely do it myself if I had the time. Thanks for the great tutorial anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks alot, changed my cracked foglamp in 10 minutes. Very helpful guide.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I had a cracked driver's side fog lens that needed replacement back in Nov. '07. For the DIY folks out there, replacing the lamp yourself is not that difficult and a hell of a lot less expensive than having your dealership do it for you. Hope this helps somebody.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts