Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its stuck. Both fog light lamps seem to be letting water in. The left side works but the other is stuck. What do i do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,761 Posts
Try removing the foglight , let the bulb soak in some WD-40 for a bit and the try getting it out with pliers ??

If the glass is cracked and water is entering there , I think the glasses can be bought seperately ...

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
water ingress

I reckon that even if you remove the bulb successfully you will be left with a corrosion problem that sooner or later will result in failure.

I guess you can manage without foglights for a few days - source some new or good secondhand units via ebay or a breaker. in the long run you would probably be better off and let's face it when you need your foglights you'll be glad they are working!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Its stuck. Both fog light lamps seem to be letting water in. The left side works but the other is stuck. What do i do?

Thanks
You definitely need to take them out and give them a good clean and probably apply a new sealant.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to put a seal on the lens.

The bottom of the key melted and became fused to the socket. So I cut it out and got a similar socket from a junkyard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.