Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put new batteries in my key fob, but still not working correctly. Will not lock, unlock on a consistent basis. In other words, sometimes it works, most times, not.
Thanks
Kelly

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Do you only have 1 key fob?
have you tried the other one?
Batteries been tested?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
How old is the car battery?
believe it or not, you manual says, if remote does not work, to check remote batteries and car battery

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have put new batteries in my key fob, but still not working correctly. Will not lock, unlock on a consistent basis. In other words, sometimes it works, most times, not.
Thanks
Kelly
It could be that your key and car have to be recalibrated again. the following worked for me on both 2001 SLK 230 keys:
Turn your key to position 2 (all warning lights will light up)
Press the lock part of the key for a few seconds.
Take out key of the lock and try if your car will lock/unlock and start.
Hope this will do the trick for you as well.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
R171s do not need calibration when fob batteries replaced :D :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
I still learn something new everyday.

How old is car battery?
believe it or not, you manual says, if remote does not work, to check remote batteries and car battery

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm learning, slow but sure. When all else fails, read the manual. I don't have one, so have it downloaded. It says that the receiver is in the base of the antenna. Well, my antenna is missing although when I hold the FOB right at the base, works fine. New antenna ordered. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.