Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a foam cannon (not a machine, but an attachment to a pressurized tank)? I was wondering if it helps much with removal of surface contaminants to reduce scratching. If so, any recommendations on which ones are good?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, I use a foam cannon attachment connected to a gas pressure washer. Sprays a thick coat of foam on my cars. In theory, the heavy foam will drag down loose dirt on car body. In practice, with foam suds on the car, I still use a large sponge wet with car soap to go over and really clean the car. Rinse car off with pressure washer at low or medium settings. I bought mine off Amazon. If you are thinking that the foam cannon alone will clean car, it will not. Nice to look at though. good luck. rxjr22.

·
Registered
85 Posts
PS: I detail my own car. I use Rupes and Flex polishers mostly. I have tried most brands of soaps waxes, car glaze and polishes like menzerna, chemical guys, blackfire, rupes keramic, etc...I have come to the conclusion that the difference among well reviewed and branded products works almost the same. See the effect of those waxes and polishes on my car on page 2 of June car of the month contest. rxjr22.

·
Banned
974 Posts
I'll use a foam cannon fixed to a normal pressure hose when the car is very dirty & want to avoid touching the bodywork at all until as much muck as possible has been floated off.
Then the usual 2 bucket routine with the hose handy to ensure there's pno shortage of water.
Fun to use too & my neighbours think I'm mad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts