Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered, but not what I need. I am in the UK so apparently my car had some kind of radio areial in the bumper. I have found the box rear left which in my case has 'Radio out' which has a cable I assume going to the radio and the blue power cable coming from the radio (has power to it).
However, in the bottom I have no cables connected, there is a port for 'FM In' but nothing connected to it. if this is indeed where the the antenna should connect, what I need to know is what kind of connector this is and what I can connect to it to get some reception on my lovely new radio.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,066 Posts
I'm not sure which bands are received by which aerial but AFAIK there should be two connected to your antenna amp: one is the whip and one is in the bumper.

Are there no obvious wires loose below?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Similar crap issue with mine in UK signal with a DAB radio.
Just put a powered inline signal booster in behind the head & parked in a decent reception area to get all the DAB stations preset.
Would love to know where that box is located?
Oh & i don't have the amp in footwell!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,066 Posts
In US pre-FL R170 - it's behind the rear wheel, oppposite side from the roof pump. It's attached to the inside of the fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.