Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 467 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are trying to "shoot for the stars" with the next SLK meet!

We are calling on all SLK members in Florida to meet at The Kennedy Space Center on October 12th!

Our current record number of SLKs at one of our meets is 11. We want to break that number and set a new record, but we can’t do it without you. You've seen our pictures and even our videos. You've even commented on them. So what are you waiting for?

Get that roadster on the road and join us for a meet you won't forget!

Space Center:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/home/index.html

Hotel:

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/titusville/tixsr/hoteldetail

Some of us will stay at the hotel Friday, October 11th and Saturday October 12th. We would like to enjoy evening dinner and drinks with other members who are staying, too!

When making your reservation please state that you are with SLKWorld/Florida SLK Group.

SimplySLK – 2 - Hotel Friday nite
Young and Bossin – 2
DaytonaJae - 1 - Hotel 2 nites
SLK320Chick - 1 - Hotel 2 nites
Raybonj - 1
jazzman43 - 1 - Hotel - 2 nites
sepffuzzball -2 - Hotel Friday nite
jbanks15 - 2
Mensra - 1 - Hotel 2 nites
PBT3 - 1
mustbedreaming - 2 - Hotel
marshal - 2
royalpar1 -2 - Hotel 2 nites
SoopRoop - 2
M.Rat 320 - 1
2000 SLK230 - 2
Daniel Florida - 2
Octanep - 1
Lostinparadise - 2
jiminfl - 2
ckovach -2
Carl Beck - 2 - Hotel 2 nites
bigbloch - 2
Bassman62 - 1

Names in RED I need email info!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I'm in! I'll be staying at the hotel as well on Friday night. It's only an hour or so from Daytona, but it will be so much more fun if we get a few people together for food and drinks the night before!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this date firm?
Yup, and it's a long weekend, too! Columbus Day is Monday and for our friends in the north (way up north) it's Thanksgiving Day in Canada!

I thought it would be a good idea to have the meet over a three day weekend hoping more members would attend! Fingers crossed this works!!

Really looking forward to Friday night, too. We can even extend the meet to Sunday brunch if anyone's interested!!!!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Wow, that will be one of the longest trips one has taken to join our SLK meet!

I flew to Los Angeles and met up with the members out there a few years back, but that doesn't really count since I was going to be in town anyway. I had a blast though.

It really shows the class of people on this forum when something like this happens and they welcomed me warmly and planned a meet just because I was in town. This October we are paying it forward!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I priced out the hotel everywhere I could online, $99 is the best rate. If anyone from out of town is contemplating heading down, I would book early. You have some time, but honestly it will be here before you know it.

Can't wait to meet everyone.. I know that JB is just THRILLED I'm attending...:Beer:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Count me and Markay in. :tu: I just have to get the day off which should not be a problem, :hail::hail: but can't put in yet haven't left for the days off, I ask for two months ago. :D Leaving Wednesday to go to my brothers in Knoxville TN for a week.:Banane45: Oh yes and I need a week off for golf in Orlando in Nov. forgot about that "right". lol :rb :rb

We will not be coming down the night before just a day trip. :( :( Dogs you know.

·
96,487 Posts
I always plan my mulching 3 months in advance. Jai and Al would be soooooo disappointed if I didn't

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Wow, that will be one of the longest trips one has taken to join our SLK meet!

I flew to Los Angeles and met up with the members out there a few years back, but that doesn't really count since I was going to be in town anyway. I had a blast though.

It really shows the class of people on this forum when something like this happens and they welcomed me warmly and planned a meet just because I was in town. This October we are paying it forward!
The longest ones IIRC were Don (-1-)driving from the northeast coast to Las Vegas retreat, and also John (UK-C200) driving from Georgia to the same retreat, and the NW SLK group coming to the same retreat.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
This is going to be a very fun meet. I know it's only July but October can't come soon enough! We need 4 more cars to break the 11-car record.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Do they have a Auto train from Chicago ??? R)

Jeff did you put your name on the list or did Marykay put it on there?? Y)

I must be the only one not staying at the Hotel, I not sure if that is a good thing , bad thing or lucky. :Banane57: :Banane57:

·
96,487 Posts
I did and I'm not staying at hotel either

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
1 - 20 of 467 Posts