Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the OEM floor mats for my 2005 350. When I called my local Benz dealer, I was told that the only mats available have the little metal tag centered near the bottom. What I want are direct replacements with the embroidered MB name and logo. Can anyone suggest a source that might have these mats available?

Thanks

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,112 Posts
Try Amazon and ebay if you haven't :D

·
94,112 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
94,112 Posts
check other ebay/amazon vendors. someone will have it

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
E bay prices are always dearer it seems .

It seems the 171 parts now are getting hard to get hold of now at main agent due to the newer models out . :frown:

And mercedes dont seem to hold much stock now in uk land either . :|

Times are changing .:|

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
I tried to get floor mats exactly like mine with SLK32 embroidered in the corner (factory). MB did not have them and no one I contacted could legally place the logo on them. I did find some used original mats on eBay; however, they wer junk and wanted $150 for them. I passed and bought some solid black from Carid's, one of our sponsors. I keep mine put up to preserve them from further wear.

Good luck 👍 Let me know if you find someone to do it, please!

·
Super Moderator
10,304 Posts
The mats shown in the photo appear to be identical to the ones available from my local MB dealer. Only the dealer price is $24.00 cheaper than the eBay price!

I'm looking for direct replacements for my original mats which have the MB name and logo embroidered on them. I get the impression that what is currently available will fit all 171's but are from more recent model years.
did you check the link I posted?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you check the link I posted?
Yes, I did. Gave them a call and they were unable to supply 171 mats at this time. The gentleman that I spoke to was kind enough to give me several eBay sellers who have mats for sale but once again, the mats that were available were the variety with the metal tag at the bottom centered between the grommets.

Thanks for your input.

·
94,112 Posts
Ask for owner Jerry Jones :D mention my name. He will then raise his price :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ask for owner Jerry Jones :D mention my name. He will then raise his price :D
:laugh:

Mine came with the originals in near perfect condition, the PO had put in some sort of a weaved product mat that was custom made to fit the car, very nice but not very barefoot friendly!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's been a while since originally posting but I wanted to give an update. I contacted Jerry Jones at ForMyMercedes.com (thank you Bjorn for the recommendation) and now have exactly what I wanted. The embroidered MB logo is a perfect match with the original factory mats and the shapes of the two mats are identical to the originals. The only concession is that the snaps are not available - replaced by nubbed rubber backing to keep the mats in place. A very small concession, indeed.

Idiot 101 - If you are still interested the correct looking mats for your SLK32, I highly recommend that you get in touch with Jerry. As Bjorn pointed out in #11 , not the cheapest but the quality is outstanding.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The ones available at present do not seem to be the same as original. I replaced mine with current original carpets, but they seem much thinner than the ones they had when I got the car (sadly in bad shape)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hmm. Mine look to be the original 2006 SLK280 mats with the embroidered star and lettering, and they're in very good condition, but the passenger side is missing the snaps to lock it in place on the nubbins in the floor. (It doesn't seem to move anyway.)

Perhaps I should see if any of the local dealers have an original set in stock new and buy them for the future. There are at least four MBZ dealers around here I can call and ask.

G

1 - 20 of 23 Posts