Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I purchased my car the dealer put on a set of brand new Continental loser tires! I guess they knew i'd be back for Michellin PS2's!

Today, I got the flat about a mile from my house with 6K miles on those tires in a very inconvienient location of course. Found a spot to change the tire and I could'nt get the wheel off the car! I had all 5 lugs off and I prodded, pushed, pulled and even kicked a little bit and the wheel would not break loose. I didn't want to force it too much with that rickity lift so I put the lugs back in and crawled the remaining 1/2 mile or so home.

Anyway, I guess I'll need a tow to the dealer tomorrow and was wondering what the life span is on the PS2's??? and Price??

Joe

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I priced the Michelin PS2 at Costco (255/35-18) at $350/EACH. Goodyear F1 Asymmetric at $276/each w/America's Tire; IIRC the Michelin PS2 were about the same price at Costco's.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
My dealer told me last week that the PS2's are done. No more being produced and the new PS3's are coming any day. Be careful buying any PS/2's. Check the date code on the side of the tire to make sure they are not too old.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer told me last week that the PS2's are done. No more being produced and the new PS3's are coming any day. Be careful buying any PS/2's. Check the date code on the side of the tire to make sure they are not too old.

You are correct! I have much usable tread left on the rear tires so I've decided to just replace both front tires with what was on there for now! I use my 55 as my daily drive so it wont be long and I'll just switch to four of the Michelins 3's then!!!

Thanks for the input everyone!

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
You are correct! I have much usable tread left on the rear tires so I've decided to just replace both front tires with what was on there for now! I use my 55 as my daily drive so it wont be long and I'll just switch to four of the Michelins 3's then!!!

Thanks for the input everyone!

Joe
Yep, I just did the same thing with my rear wheels. Daily driver also. I'll do all four when I finally stick a crowbar in my wallet and spring for new wheels.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I just did the same thing with my rear wheels. Daily driver also. I'll do all four when I finally stick a crowbar in my wallet and spring for new wheels.

Coldshot,

With that tag line I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you are a guitar player? Am I correct???:rb
If so....Me too:rockon:
Joe

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bought a pair of PS2's for my rear tires when I first bought the car. It cost $600 for the set of rears and that included a lifetime warranty against flats, etc, from Les Schwab. They have performed extremely well, are very quiet, and let's just say they hold up fine when I'm thrashing mountain passes (my favorite weekend activity with the SLK). I've taken 30-40deg turns at over 90mph with absolutely zero loss of traction. Living in Seattle, we see a lot of rain, and the PS2's have really surprised me in the wet also, they are super-sticky and really make me feel more confident when driving in poor conditions.

The PS2's are the best tire on the market. Although I've heard nothing about the PS3, I'm sure it is great too.

Anyway, I'm VERY happy with my tires and will be going Michelin again when I buy new ones. That will be happening pretty soon because I spent WAAAY too much time this summer doing burnouts in empty parking lots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.