Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
*Registered
1999 SLK230
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

My SLK recently started flashing the hazard lights when a door is opened or vehicle is started. They go off after 10 mins. I think it started when I removed the battery to charge it. I followed some things I found in the forum and replaced and re-synced my key fob with no luck.

Appreciate any ideas.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,652 Posts
sounds like alarm battery is maybe on way out.
others will respond

from a search:

·
*Registered
1998 SLK230K
372 Posts
As you did not mention alarm, few details might be worth clarifying:
  • You have an alarm fitted (as Jeff mentioned the battery is usual suspect)
  • The alarm beeps
  • Remote locks unlocks doors
  • Car actually drives even with the hazlights flashing.

Hazlights do flash with lock unlock, but the alarm triggered should be causing the 10 min flashing. If no siren is heard, that's not new for the age of car. And a search of siren battery on the forum shall bring extra POV to compare to your situation.

If no alarm fitted ( you know, you can post your VIN and the mods will provide data card confirming factory alarm or not ) that is next level of scary movie.

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
6,996 Posts
From various sensors and switches the PSE communicates with CCM to create the Alarm situation, the Battery Back Up Siren is just a dumb noise maker ..............

That said, @jbanks15 is correct, yes it can and does cause an Alarm situation once it starts to fail, (the PSE sees it as being Tampered with when it's internal Battery fails) ;)

SDS will tell you exactly what has triggered the Alarm situation in one of its (HHT) Menus (y)

HTH :)

·
*Registered
1999 SLK230
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou, I should have mentioned I disconnected the alarm from previous issues with it sounding. But this is the first time the key fob will not disarm the alarm.

Also to answer the question, the vehicle will start and drive with the lights flashing. I can hear a relay type noise which sounds like it is coming from the pse area.

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
6,996 Posts
Doh !!

This Car needs SDS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts