Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to think of a name for this part. If you put the roof down there are two small plastic flaps that cover the place that the metal roof supports sit in when up. One on each side.

To try and explain clearer: After the roof folds down and the boot lid slides into place completing the sequence these flaps then close to make the rear shelf complete.

I need the left side one has mine has broken and been lost. I'll take a picture later.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,562 Posts
or post your vin
get free datacard

get part numbers

·
Super Moderator
10,169 Posts
Hard to think of a name for this part. If you put the roof down there are two small plastic flaps that cover the place that the metal roof supports sit in when up. One on each side.

To try and explain clearer: After the roof folds down and the boot lid slides into place completing the sequence these flaps then close to make the rear shelf complete.

I need the left side one has mine has broken and been lost. I'll take a picture later.
Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a picture of the part I'm talking about. It sits in front of the "ears". The first picture shows the roof part down and the second completely down but the flat still up.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha! I think I've found it. Part number is A1716902725. Which seems to be described as the seat belt cover trim. Turns out (as always) that you have to buy the whole panel rather than just the flap. Attached a picture of the part. The shots I attached were the for the right side and I need the left side, as shown here.

The bad news is that you need the whole panel. The good news is eBay has some for around £30, so not so bad.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts