Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK200K
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer what type of Eaton supercharger comes the facelift (200:cool: R171 200 compressor came with?

Mine non facelift came with Eaton M65 (163 PS)
Is it possible the facelift 200 compressor (184 PS) came with the same type?

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
I'm pretty sure the facelift came with the same kompressor , only that it comes with a 65mm pulley , Mercedes reference A......2780 ..

·
Registered 2006 SLK200K
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure the facelift came with the same kompressor , only that it comes with a 65mm pulley , Mercedes reference A......2780 ..
I am maybe pretty sure too because there is no other way to get more power from the same engine: increase the pressure from the compressor or remapping the ECU or both.

Kleemann do the same. I just want to be sure mercedes do the same too - this information would strengthen me to do the same without decreasing the lifetime or any damage to the compressor - beside other member's experience who changed smaller compressor pulley without any problem since over a year.

Anyway my smaller IBF pulley is on the way and I am looking for supercharger oil changing source so I wouldn't pick other way ... just for feel myself better ;)

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
Have you checked the reference of your kompressor , I believe the A....2080 and A....2680 to be pretty bulletproof , but the A...2380 etc to be delicate , due to a dubious internal spring ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.