Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new struts on trunk and engine links, new bulbs in headlights and still waiting on repair CD.
Was driving home last night and the headlights were flickering. Then the Bar/ASR light came on and stayed on. Radio went to CODE mode. Got home shut off car and tried to restart it. Absolutely nothing.
Muttered to myself went inside to check on fiance, I had been gone all day.
Then the car turned itself back on??!! lights came on etc and I could start it again.
Soooo I 'm hoping the not yet done K40 fix is the culprit. I had a local shop get the codes for Me and his research all pointed to the K40 module. The check engine light has been on since I bought the car at a auction.
If this is a symptom of another ill I havent found searching the forums please be so kind as to redirect my attention there, PLEASE!!!:confused:
Will be pulling the car down to my shop and starting the extraction of the K40s baord. Should I get a new module? Or will just resoldering it do the trick?
I'm very grateful for the threads on the K40 and know I need to go to the dealer to get the radio code for my Bose.
Thanks ahead of time for you input.
Think I'll send a bit of money to this site as it has been a great asset in the very brief time I've had my 1st Benz.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,464 Posts
Don't give up! you'll get it all fixed.

btw, we only need $2.23 to make our February goal!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Supporting membership would be my recommendation and thanks for your thoughts and comments.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Good luck on getting everything resolved on your SLK. Supporting membership is money well spent.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
I too was reading up about the K40 soder points and ended up pulling mine out just to inspect them. I was not having any problems.

Sure enough they looked just like the pictures posted showing the soder points broken so I re-sodered them.

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I took my board down to a small TV & Radio repair shop to have my obviously burnt k-40 fixed. Ended up the gentleman resoldered 20+ connections on the board. The factory uses a system called 'wave soldering' and it isnt done quite right by the factory or supplier.
Check engine light off, car runs great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.