It took awhile and have cut the back of my hands to pieces but have managed to fit an Aux socket so I can play my MP3. My CD player is an original fitment but nowadays the CD part is a bit redundant so I got a kit to convert the auxillary output of the CD player to connect with an MP3 player. Taking the CD out was easy with the correct pins and plugging the Aux lead cable block into the back of the CD player was even easier. Unfortunately trying to route the cable was difficult. I quickly found out that Mr Mercedes had built our girls rather too well and I was unable to get the cable out the sides. My next brilliant idea was to remove the little cubby hole but that would only come out about half an inch. No joy there. A quick trawl on the internet revealed two small screws just under where the top of the CD player was. Removal of the screws would let the console cover move out. Unfortunately this would mean removal of the aluminum cage that holds the CD player in place. This thing had already cut my hands to pieces with my various attempts to re route the cable so when I removed it I was able to get to the two screws and then just lift up the console. I was then able to remove the storage box panel into which I drilled a small hole and fed the cable through with a grommet. I was then able to put the whole thing back together and now I can play all my music.