Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First post on the website

I joined as I am looking for advice about the SLK (1996 onwards)

I own an MG TF and have been looking at the SLK which seems to be great value at the moment

Can anyone give me some tips etc about these cars?

Is there a UK division of this site anywhere? All seems to be american.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,487 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

We have members all over the world. check the uk section

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member #12/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
welcome from southern California.

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. My first MB is an R171 SLK350 less than 8 months ago and the car is so much fun it's becoming an addition. Worse, it inspired us to re-visit the dealer and add a CLK to the family fleet three weeks ago! I use the mbusa support section to download docs for the year and model of interest. Google for an equivalent URL for your market. US docs will give you a good idea of features, just with the steering wheel on the wrong side. :) This site is international. Lots of Americans here but many of the most active posters are in the EU. Funny, but my impression is that EU owners have a better time of it, especially in the UK, since some top aftermarket parts and places seem to be there or tailored to EU specs, e.g. comandonline, Dension bluetooth products, well-reviewed SLK custom shops. We do have a few good custom shops here in SoCal. Also, the US cars tend to lag behind in features-to-market vs. Euro counterparts, at least compared to the domestic German market. E.g., latest European models offer a state of the art navigation puck with the new COMAND (navi, stereo, etc.) system with a brain that docks in the glove box and let's you add apps and upgrades via USB with your computer. Wow. My US dealers said "What!? Never even heard of that." Join in and join the fun.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan...... Good luck on your search!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts