Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm Jon from the UK and this is my first SLK.

I've lurked for a while and gleaned some good info from this site. I picked up my machine this weekend.

It is a new 2015 SLK 250 CDI with the AMG cosmetic bits. It also has airscarf and heated seats as well as the Becker Map Pilot.

I've upgraded the headlamp bulbs (65W H7), adjusted the aim, and added 'Danger Spots Europe' to the Becker system (their politically correct name for speed camera warnings).

I'll put these updates into the DIY section.

Great to be here.

Attachments

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,011 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

Lube those seals:
http://www.slkworld.com/226839-post1.html

Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff,

I will indeed lube all the rubbers! I use Dow Corning gel as it worked to great effect on my SL350 R230.

I'm shying away from the Smart Top at the moment. It looks pretty intrusive and I have zero trim rattles just now!

Jon

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,011 Posts
Youll sing a different tune on the Smarttop soon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've also ordered the jacking point insert from Reverse Logic.

The 2015 UK version of the SLK does not come with a jack and it bugs me that I can't take my wheels off for a poke around and to clean them...(yes I know that is borderline OCD)

The AMG bodykit versions need the additional spacer in the insert in order to clear the skirts.

I'll post a review when it arrives.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,555 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee !

You've come to the right place.

Welcome to the Forum

Reactions: Still Learning

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,535 Posts
Hi Jon, and welcome from the UK Midlands! :smile:

. . . . . yes I know that is borderline OCD . . . . .
... you'll fit right in here then! :wink:

·
Banned
804 Posts
I've also ordered the jacking point insert from Reverse Logic.

The 2015 UK version of the SLK does not come with a jack and it bugs me that I can't take my wheels off for a poke around and to clean them...(yes I know that is borderline OCD)

The AMG bodykit versions need the additional spacer in the insert in order to clear the skirts.

I'll post a review when it arrives.
Yes I have one, and it works fine. Make sure your tire store uses it when you buy new rubber.

BTW, my car has a spare under the trunk floor. What do they use the space for in your car?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a compressor, a bottle of goop that will massively unbalance a wheel but is unlikely to repair a puncture..., a towing eye and some empty space!

The cover is reversible so it forms a useful 'tray' so the space isn't wasted.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Hi and welcome from Kent.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
13,719 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,924 Posts
Hi Jon, welcome from the North of Scotland. :smile:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,454 Posts
Hi Jon, welcome from Washington, DC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.