Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK280 has been sold
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2007 SLK 280 has been the wife's baby since I bought used for her in 2010 just before I tok a job to come to Germany. Great car and fun to drive here in Germany. Recently I have been driving it more than her and a month ago bought some 18" wheels with summer tires. I always hated the brake dust on the alloy wheels and thought a darker color would be better.

Today I sprayed some PlastiDip gun metal gray to the wheels. Since we just had some snow on Friday I plan to wait a bit to swap from the 16" all season wheels. I will be adding red/black raised center caps and some red wheel trim.

As the parts come in I will update the photos.

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
19 Posts
I've plasti dip'd my 17" wheels black over the winter. Not sure how it will hold up but it has survived its first trip out today and gets a thumbs up so far.

I just took apart the original centre cap and sprayed that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Looking good! Just remember the key with PlastiDip, as with any other "painting" process, is all in the prep. It should last you a year or two if you made sure the surface it adhered to was clean.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280 has been sold
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've plasti dip'd my 17" wheels black over the winter. Not sure how it will hold up but it has survived its first trip out today and gets a thumbs up so far.

I just took apart the original centre cap and sprayed that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks good. Will do the 16" winter wheels in black and then compare them. Easy enough to change.

Survived a 130 mph blast down the A3 from Wiesbaden to Haarlem for the weekend. Grabbed a quick bit to eat here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.