Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first Service A completed yesterday (1 year, but only 4,000 miles). All went while. The question I have, is $238.79 in the ballpark for this service. Labor = $130, Parts = $74 and Shop/Disposal fee = $29.23.
No tire rotation at this time. Also what can I expect for the cost of Service B?

Somewhere in our forum I saw a discussion about how the "Close Center Compartment" warning light comes on when exiting the vehicle. I have this false warning and the dealer has ordered replacement parts under warranty.

One more item of interest. The day after purchasing the vehicle my wife noticed distortion on the Multimedia screen. My guess is someone used the wrong cleaner when prepping the vehicle. The dealer has also ordered replacement of this unit under warranty. $1,135.98!!!

If you are wondering about only 4,000 miles in one year. WE HAD 9 MOMTHS OF WINTER HERE IN WISCONSIN LAST YEAR AND 6' OF SNOW!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,907 Posts
yes that is about correct for Service A
oil change/filter/and bs

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,907 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have only 2K in two years. Life (and three motorcycles) keeps getting on the way . I do plan to drive to Colorado from Houston this fall.

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
645 Posts
Had mine done at 5570 as it was just over a year old. $240 American. BUT, they did not change the filter and I caught them! I checked, and the filter case was dusty, no way to change it and not disturb the dust. Confirmed by taking it to another dealer. They gave me a new filter as I did not want them messing with it again. Billed me for a test drive, but vehicle tracking showed no such thing happened (ALWAYS use that!). I brought this to their attention as well, tough snot. Meant to write this up but never got around to it. Too pissed.

You don't rotate the tires on an SLC 43. Different sizes. Just don't let them rotate your spark plugs. Dealers are dealers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts