Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now,

I'm sure you've all heard the booming and the crackling of the merriment that is the 4th of July in the US. But be careful where you drive tonight and tomorrow if you're in the SLK.

It was 8pm, It was a Saturday evening, and I was coming home from family dinner. I got stuck on a local road with construction at a red light, and it was a 4 lane road, reduced to 2 lanes. I was 20 feet from the closest residential back yard. These idiots [who were directly under power lines] were shooting off roman candles and crossette fireworks and aiming everything at a 45 degree angle that not only hit the power lines but flew over my vehicle. Imagine if you will a hundred firecrackers bursting over your car. Needless to say, it was the longest red light of my life. AFTER I started yelling at the idiots to knock it off, and a few choice words were said, they stopped. Mind you, the red light lasted longer than 60 seconds due to the construction timing.

So if you ARE taking the car out tonight or tomorrow, make sure your route is clear and you never have to stop moving LOL... friggin kids lol :soap:

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
This is very good advise, whenever one has the top down on a Cab, many times kids are innoncently throwing a ball. Keep your eyes open and the top down :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts