Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally put to rest my search for a SLK. Many sleepless nights searching the internet, visiting dealerships and making phone calls. Hard to find 06-07 with the color/options/milage and clean car fax. Kept widening my search area until I was covering 48 states. Did find a few nice ones in OK, MD, and CA that fit my search parameters. Local ones are scarce and most are from auto brokers. Did have an eye on one locally that is a local trade (not an auction car). Made my presence known at the dealer for the last couple of weeks and finally closed the deal yesterday. I noticed 3 other SLK I was watching locally were sold last week. Any problem areas I saw boiled down to user error and plain paranoia of purchasing used. Only had typical toe in wear/noise of the front tires and a minor oil leak brought on by over zealous detailer. Local Mercedes handled the repairs and gave the car a clean bill of health.

It is a 06 dark red metallic with beige interior. Had all of the major options we wanted: comfort, heat, auto, entertainment/navi, changer. Mercedes serviced with new rear tires, new brakes/rotor, brake flush done 2wks before trade. Car looks practically new.

Still working on detailing the car out. The dealer did only marginal job at detailing. Interior looked like wiped down with dirty rag. Just finished applying 4 coats of Turtle Wax 2001. The color actually changed to a deeper more lusterous shade of red. This car brings on a lot of jaw dropping stares.

The Vette looks kind of jealous with all of the attention to newcomer.

Anyways, Hi everyone. thanks to everyone on this forum that helped me in my search.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles. Great looking car.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,458 Posts
Congratulations! Modding time has arrived!!!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Congratulations rosros!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Congratulations! Very nice and rare color. Firemist Red was only available in model years 2005 and 2006. You don't see many. Color and all the good options are a BIG plus. Enjoy it, and SLKWorld.com.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the SLK family from central Kentucky and to this forum. Make this forum your friend, you will find all you want to know here and maybe some stuff you don't need to know. Great looking auto!

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from Carlsbad, Calif.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beauty! Well done from another new 06 owner... Was this the one at Highland Ford?

In any case...we must stay in touch!
That was the one. With better weather approaching, this car was not going to last much longer. I knew this, they knew this and we got the deal done. Lucky I had the right to first refusal. They still gave me a good price and if I did not purchase, another buyer was on hold. Cargurus had this car rated as good buy at their asking price;some 1700 below market value. Just got back home a few hrs ago, top down, air scarf on (55degrees), HK cranking sat classic rock...priceless.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts