Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in the SLK (daughter's car). We have the Sportster model radio. It was a balmy day (38 degrees), warmer than it's been the past few days. Hooked up to the power going to the cig lighter so the radio would go off when the car is turned off. Used the direct connect FM modulator. Had to get two adapters from Circuit city because of the different antenna connection. The wireless doesn't work well and I don't have an aux out.

Currently have the antenna on the dash on the passenger side. Need to determine if that will work well. So far it has but I haven't taken it for a drive.

Once I get the Arkon stalk in I will mount the radio itself. It's currently just sitting in the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Post pics when you can.

I would like to see how it looks.

Thanks,
SLKman:tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
in the SLK (daughter's car). We have the Sportster model radio. It was a balmy day (38 degrees), warmer than it's been the past few days. Hooked up to the power going to the cig lighter so the radio would go off when the car is turned off. Used the direct connect FM modulator. Had to get two adapters from Circuit city because of the different antenna connection. The wireless doesn't work well and I don't have an aux out.

Currently have the antenna on the dash on the passenger side. Need to determine if that will work well. So far it has but I haven't taken it for a drive.

Once I get the Arkon stalk in I will mount the radio itself. It's currently just sitting in the passenger seat.
:tu: Does the Sportster have a built in RF modulator? I know some of the XM radios, specifically the "Delphi Roady" does. I was impressed with the ease of installation and the sound quality. I've had great luck with signal reception when mounting satellite antennas on the dash or rear window shelf. Signal drop outs happen, regardless of the antenna location. Some locations are better than others. I've even experienced signal drop outs with the factory Sirius on the SLK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.