Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my SLK55 this weekend, very pleased with the car indeed. I'll pop some pictures up soon but I've been to busy driving to take any yet.:grin:
Its a facelift model in Black, I have a few changes in mind such as the X pipe and decat, Smart top and possibly changing the headlights to the black led DRL Xenon ones.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,411 Posts
Congrats
And the model year in your profile is?

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,257 Posts
Congrats Mark.

You found your pot of gold.

Although the exhaust system changes are satisfying, get the SmartTop first.
That way you get to make the most of any half decent weather.

If you get a clear night, clear moon you HAVE to do a night time drive.
The heating system, especially with heated seats and airscarf are excellent.

Don't forget the meets either, always a few 55s about.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats Mark.

You found your pot of gold.

Although the exhaust system changes are satisfying, get the SmartTop first.
That way you get to make the most of any half decent weather.

If you get a clear night, clear moon you HAVE to do a night time drive.
The heating system, especially with heated seats and airscarf are excellent.

Don't forget the meets either, always a few 55s about.

Enjoy!
Good suggestion,

I can just about get the roof to work with the infrared but it has to be nearly touching the door handle.

I was going to post this in one of the other sections but may as well ask here first. I noticed today one of the rear parcel shelf side covers the one that pivots around when the roof is down pops put of its holder a little. It has a square loop in metal that I put back under neath by hand but it popped out again when dropping the roof a second time. I'll have a closer look through the week with the roof up and down couldn't do it so easy when out and about.

Number 60 pictured here,

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Good suggestion,

I can just about get the roof to work with the infrared but it has to be nearly touching the door handle.

I was going to post this in one of the other sections but may as well ask here first. I noticed today one of the rear parcel shelf side covers the one that pivots around when the roof is down pops put of its holder a little. It has a square loop in metal that I put back under neath by hand but it popped out again when dropping the roof a second time. I'll have a closer look through the week with the roof up and down couldn't do it so easy when out and about.
Congratulations !!!

Do a search on posts from Michael H. on adjusting the flaps on the rear shelf.

Here's a pdf attachment also for the R171:

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations !!!

Do a search on posts from Michael H. on adjusting the flaps on the rear shelf.

Here's a pdf attachment also for the R171:

Excellent thank you Eddy, that's exactly my problem looks like I need to do a little shimming.

This is why I like car forums and like minded enthusiasts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,697 Posts
Good suggestion,

Number 60 pictured here,

One of mine occasionally does that. When a few of us investigated at the Kent meet-up earlier this year, it appears that the 'loop' on that side has become bent downward and therefore slips out of its socket when going over potholes. We were pondering if the metal loop can be removed from its plastic housing in order to be straightened. So far I haven't taken the project any further, but rely on a Champagne cork between the flap and the stowed roof on longer runs.

BTW, I agree, Smarttop - best mod by far.

My computer tells me I've averaged about 17.5 mpg since I reset it about 25k miles ago. If you get more than 20 mpg over time, you're not trying hard enough...

:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.