Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for several months I finally found and purchased an SLK32 that I'm very happy with, it's a 2004 , and the color is designo silver. I wasn't sure about the color in the pictures I saw of the car, but it looks great in person. The car has about 60k miles, and runs fantastic, the only problem with the engine that I could find is I think the bearing in the supercharger pulley is starting to go. I'll post pictures soon, and just wanted to thank everyone in the community for their advice on waiting for the right one. If anyone has any info, (number produced/imported), on the 2004's I would appreciate it

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Congrats on finding an SLK32 AMG, and great to know you're really happy with it! :tu:

(and great to see that you've already updated your profile with it too)! :D

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,255 Posts
Congratulation on your successful hunt.

Look forward to seeing it.

Get some pics and post three in the RideOfTheMonth comp.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,260 Posts
My, My, My!!!! A 32 ???? imagine that. Congratulations! I looked at a design silver....it looks opal colored and sometimes greenish. A really unusual color. As far as 2004 SLK32's....there were 312 made world wide. Normally, about 60 percent were sold in the US. That would put around 190 sold here. The total production numbers for all Slk32's sold is on the forum somewhere (search is your friend), but I have never found any numbers on how many were sold in the US.

The S/C pulley change is pretty straight forward. If your gonna change it, you could consider a smaller pulley to gain around 40 hp!

Always a smile here?

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
514 Posts
My, My, My!!!! A 32 ???? imagine that. Congratulations! I looked at a design silver....it looks opal colored and sometimes greenish. A really unusual color. As far as 2004 SLK32's....there were 312 made world wide. Normally, about 60 percent were sold in the US. That would put around 190 sold here. The total production numbers for all Slk32's sold is on the forum somewhere (search is your friend), but I have never found any numbers on how many were sold in the US.

The S/C pulley change is pretty straight forward. If your gonna change it, you could consider a smaller pulley to gain around 40 hp!

Always a smile here?
JC, although I share your enthusiasm for the 32, I would query your production figures. According to the motoring writer Brian Long there was only 52 made in the 2004 calendar year, out of a total of 4333 produced over the four years. His figures were provided by the German government, and if correct, would make an 04 year a rare one indeed !
I would agree with the S/C pulley upgrade though, well worth it >:D

Always a smile here too :grin:

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The color did look greenish to me in the pictures, but in person it looks like more of a champagne color. I'm definitely going to look into changing the pulley size, the car is fast now, 40hp more would give me a perma-smile!

As far as production numbers, I've seen both 312, and 52. Either way its a pretty low number, but I was hoping to get a confirmation. I'm having difficulty posting the pics, I'm using my phone, maybe I need to use the computer, but I'll hopefully post them soon.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
. . . . .
I'm having difficulty posting the pics, I'm using my phone, maybe I need to use the computer, but I'll hopefully post them soon.
If you're using an iPhone, it will only let you post 1 pic per post (due to the fact that iOS renames each pic to the same name - image.jpg).

Either upload them across several posts (and I'll merge them if I notice them - although perhaps not until tomorrow now, as it's getting quite late here), or you can upload from your computer, if you'd prefer. :tu:

·
5,260 Posts

The color did look greenish to me in the pictures, but in person it looks like more of a champagne color. I'm definitely going to look into changing the pulley size, the car is fast now, 40hp more would give me a perma-smile!

As far as production numbers, I've seen both 312, and 52. Either way its a pretty low number, but I was hoping to get a confirmation. I'm having difficulty posting the pics, I'm using my phone, maybe I need to use the computer, but I'll hopefully post them soon.
If my memory serves me correct, we are both right. There were 52 - 2004's sold in 2004; however, 250 - 2004's were sold as '04s in the fall of 2003 when the "model year" changed.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,559 Posts
....... and Russ, I'm going to have to get to one of your meets one day :smile:
Join AMG Private Lounge
Angelo is organising a meet that should be within striking distance for you.
it may also be mentioned on hear in UK Region. @55ANGAMG

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
514 Posts
Join AMG Private Lounge
Angelo is organising a meet that should be within striking distance for you.
it may also be mentioned on hear in UK Region. @55ANGAMG
Thanks for that Russ. I do keep an eye out for when and where the meets take place, and I could get to that one in about three hours or so, but I'm a shiftworker.
Things tend to revolve around my rest days, but I'm sure one day it'll all line up together :smile:

·
35 Posts
According to Brian Long, author of Mercedes Benz, SLK R 170 series:

2001-2004 SLK 32 AMG 4,333 units built broken down as follows:

2000 10 units
2001 2193 units
2002 1336 units
2003 742 units
2004 52 units

I am one of the fortunate ones with a 02/04 built.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
According to Brian Long, author of Mercedes Benz, SLK R 170 series:

2001-2004 SLK 32 AMG 4,333 units built broken down as follows:

2000 10 units
2001 2193 units
2002 1336 units
2003 742 units
2004 52 units

I am one of the fortunate ones with a 02/04 built.

I'm not sure about mine, my data card says deliver date 12 01 2004, but I found the sales recept and it was sold feb 21 2004. Do you think there could be a mistake on the data card, and that it might have been a deliver date of Dec 2003, or maybe they put the day, then month, then year so mine would be Jan 12th 2004?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.