Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the front windshield replaced (for about $1000+, thanks State Farm Insurance) in my 2006 SLK 350. There was a big deal about a trim piece. The glass guy came to the house and then realized he didn't have that trim piece that is at the TOP of the windshield. So they had to order the part and I went to their place to get it done.

So I was surprised that the SLC 300 doesn't even HAVE the trim piece at all. Did they forget to put it on? Or did they decide it wasn't necessary? I'm also surprised that it doesn't seem to whistle across that hole where the trim used to be. Hopefully the rain doesn't come in at the top there without the trim.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,026 Posts
I had the front windshield replaced (for about $1000+, thanks State Farm Insurance) in my 2006 SLK 350. There was a big deal about a trim piece. The glass guy came to the house and then realized he didn't have that trim piece that is at the TOP of the windshield. So they had to order the part and I went to their place to get it done.

So I was surprised that the SLC 300 doesn't even HAVE the trim piece at all. Did they forget to put it on? Or did they decide it wasn't necessary? I'm also surprised that it doesn't seem to whistle across that hole where the trim used to be. Hopefully the rain doesn't come in at the top there without the trim.
Its called cost cutting !
Less means more $$$$ saved .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts