Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a used slk 230 1999 awesome! but to my dismay the trunk was replaced and key lost... water got in the trunk somehow and started the alarm so alarm wont stop with key in ignition and driving. for some odd reason pop a lock dont work on mercedes. the dealer wants to drill at $160 an hour.. its like Damn.. how do i get in this trunk?? any help :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i bought a used slk 230 1999 awesome! but to my dismay the trunk was replaced and key lost... water got in the trunk somehow and started the alarm so alarm wont stop with key in ignition and driving. for some odd reason pop a lock dont work on mercedes. the dealer wants to drill at $160 an hour.. its like Damn.. how do i get in this trunk?? any help :crying:
ok i have an update: the key fob has only lock and unlock 3 blinks to lock 1 to unlock.I never knew it had an alarm... so i have the battery disconnected i went today and the trunk is unlocked. i plan on buying a new lock ( anyone know any good sites for a trunk lock let me know) but now it don't know where the pse is located. ill upload pics soon. it may have water in it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,540 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
889 Posts
ok i have an update: the key fob has only lock and unlock 3 blinks to lock 1 to unlock.I never knew it had an alarm... so i have the battery disconnected i went today and the trunk is unlocked. i plan on buying a new lock ( anyone know any good sites for a trunk lock let me know) but now it don't know where the pse is located. ill upload pics soon. it may have water in it.

They are available. That's the good news.
The bad news is they are expensive. $450 is a good average.
Also it appears the PFL and FL are different parts and part numbers so be careful that you check.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,819 Posts
ok i have an update: the key fob has only lock and unlock 3 blinks to lock 1 to unlock.I never knew it had an alarm... so i have the battery disconnected i went today and the trunk is unlocked.
So .. Now that you know that there is an alarm and that the fob switches the alarm on/off and pops the locks, all is well yes?

You just need a lock barrel and key for the boot/trunk for emergency purposes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts