Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a great pleasure to meet new faces and make new friends as well as meet old friends today. Thank you Tom for a nice and scenic drive along Long Beach Harbor and Palos Verdes.

It was cool to meet Tpman (Kevin), Mr and Mrs amgc55slk5 (Curt and Christy), bruzee (Bruce and David), and to see slkluv and Tslick again. We missed you - Catchmefucan, Mazeka, zcloud, V8SLK and Cyberdrakon. Perhaps next time.

Here's hoping to a future meet perhaps with Bruce by Big Bear Mountain.

R170 AMG (Tslick) as usual is our lead car and pathfinder. It was fun to see different SLK's, each with their own personality and mods.

Piccies to follow.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos

Bruzee's ride

slkluv's ride

amgc55slk5"s ride:

first 4 cars (right to left) : Tpman, amgc55slk5, Tslick, Bruzee

·
Registered
940 Posts
Tried uploading a few photos from the event twice, got the same error message each time "500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Ill try again later.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photos 2

Six vehicles, ready to roll. From right to left: Tpman, amgc55slk5, Tslick, slkluv, bruzee, etyu

Weather was nice, cloudy and not too hot for top-down weather, mid-60's (Fahrenheit), stop along North Palos Verdes looking north towards Santa Monica harbor:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photos 3

Piccies from the first stop:

Tslick showing off the AMG 32 engine:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lunch

Somebody was talking about food from a hole-in-the-wall place, beer and wine. So here's the second stop for lunch:

Omelet with Italian Sausage, olives, mushroom, cheese, coffee, toast and butter:

Fish and chips was popular for lunch today:

(I have a group photo, but will only post with first names if okay with amgc55slk5, tpman, bruzee, slkluv and Tslick, please let me know by posting here asking for group photo or PM, thanks).

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thanks for the pics!! It's fun to have a group of people to get with. Next Sat. the ATL group gets together for mod day!

Eddy, you food pics are still better than mine. I'll work on them next week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
there's one next week?!....man...i woke up at 930......and driving to long beach take 30 mins
so..i didnt go...

should of went...hehe i would of stand out with a white slk ^^

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would like to thank everyone for the good time today. i just wish the sun was out. by the away the "the hole in the wall" opend in 1945! R)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Eddy, you are always "johnny on the spot" with the camera. And like the time I was so honored to join you and the SoCal crew last year, you also take great shots of the food and venues. I REALLY wish I could have been there today. Instead, the wife and I headed back to the scene of the "kissing bandit". We had a good "top down" ride and heard great music from the 60's and 70's (acoustically) while enjoying some nice Cab's and blends.

We are very glad our SLKW brothers and sisters had a good day. :rockon:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts