Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my engine management light has come on and according to my code reader it is po410 which i believe is the air injection system does anyone no where i can locate these parts on the car and how i should go about sorting it.
my car is a slk 200 2001 r170.
thanks tony

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,555 Posts
Tony,
I have an R171, but I went to the Search section of the main menu, typed in P0410 (zero's and not O's) and it returned several threads, and several with solutions and for R170's.

Best Wishes

Attachments

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,011 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks , i did try that but i put in the letter o instead of a zero hence it did not find anything, i will try again thanks

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
876 Posts
There's loads of information about this problem on here. Also try Mercedes-Benz Forum and look in the M class (W163) section too, as there's more in there. I would suggest resetting the code and see when it comes up again. If it's intermittent then it could be the K40 relay board (search that one too). If it comes up every time you start the car it could to be the secondary air pump or associated equipment. It's important to diagnose the problem as swapping parts to try and cure it can get pretty expensive. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked the k40 relay circuit board and it was ok so i have at the moment taken the easy option and reset the code.

·
Registered 2003 SLK230K
44 Posts
Tony,

You have a 200 engine, mine is a 230 Kompressor, likely the components involved in this problem are the same just in different place. If you have a kompressor it will provide the air pressure, if not there should be an electric pump somewhere.

The previous owner changed switchover valve B (see picture) and I changed control valve C and check valve D, still had the P0410 problem.
Trying to figure this out I went step by step verifying.
Hose 1 must have compressed air (at cold start), disconnect it from valve C and verify, mine was ok.
If valve C works Ok compressed air must be in hose 2, disconnect it from valve C and verify, mine was not ok.
Valve C was thus not switching on.
What makes valve C switch on? Vacuum on line 4, I disconnected it and sucked on it, compressed air was coming out valve C, aha, valve C works (when it gets a vacuum).
Where does the vacuum come from? valve B, which gets vacuum from line 3, I disconnected line 3 and sucked on it, air came out of valve C, this means valve B works.
Why is there no vacuum on line 3, it comes from way down there where letter A is. In my case the check valve at letter A was installed backwards, when reversed all worked OK.
Your case may be different but you could use similar logic to verify step by step.
Good luck, Ad

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ad thats very helpful (mine is a 200 kompressor by the way) i will have another go at the weekend and follow your very helpful pic and instructions.
regards
Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.