Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just my luck...put my car up for sale and then it has a melt down just before a viewing!!!

I bought a fault code reader thinking a quick reset might sort it (NO CHANCE) same faults came back after 10 seconds..

Don't even know where to start to look to sort this....
P2257 Secondary air injection system A circuit low
Po414 Secondary switch valve A short circuit
Po458 Emissions system purge control value circuit low
Po031 ho25 heater control circuit low....

is this a diy job or is it a trip to a merc dealer with DAS????
:crying:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How new/old/tired is your battery, mine threw up loads of faults when it started failing, even though the car started fine?

Battery is about 5 months old, it is a cheap one though, but I was told its has the minimum amps etc for a slk 350....the car was parked up and left to idle for an hour, then the check oil light came on, oil was really low, then the engine fault light appeared. have topped up the oil and then tried a reset to no avail..

Car starts up fine in the cold and drives ok, just annoying as hell having the engine fault light on...just don't even no what needs replacing or checking...

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,172 Posts
None of those codes would cause poor running except maybe at cold start for a minute or two max.

Take the battery somewhere and have it tested properly.

·
*Premium Member
No SLK
16,981 Posts
I also would say it is the Battery. Remember the Temp dropped all you need is one weak cell and the Clown has too much fun with the Computer in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.