Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello mates,

like each Eastern I will be in Remscheid on the Fat-Eggs-Tour tomorrow. Today I´ve polished and cleaned my car. I will meet 43 SLK on a great ride across the "Bergisches Land" around Wuppertal. Finish will be in a famous Greec restaurant with "Penelope Plaka" and some Beer.

Last year we´ve been 73 SLK! Because of the work it was minimized a little bit.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Could someone translate for me? I understood Greec was Greek and stuff, but beyond that. I think he said some cars were driving across somewhere (Germany) and fat eggs?

SIX HU-NARD!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I would write "Hollywood-Tour" in New York you would understand but I would be lying..

Germany is that small place in the middle of Europe, okay...

edit: Bremen is the small town in Germany where your SLK was born

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
So I'll try. I guess the problem is "fat eggs", right?
It is a custom in Germany to make presents even at Easter comparable to Christmas. Furthermore it is a custom to paint hen's eggs nicely coloured. Its origin is something heathenish, although Easter is the highest Christian holiday.

Wishing somebody "fat eggs" (It's a direct German translation of a new phrase) means wishing him many and nice presents, and a happy Easter.

The combination makes it: Coming weekend is Easter, the tour starts tomorrow, the "Fat-Eggs-Tour" has been established some years ago somewhere in Germany (see above).

In this case I must mention the "Empire":
http://www.mbslk.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=4nAlbum&file=index&do=showgall&gid=935&offset=0&orderby=dateD
and
http://mwslk.de/etc/det07/

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Take a lot of pics, and post it here, 44 SLK's woohooo...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Since this forum caters to an International community, maybe it would be good for us to open up postings about events by giving their general area, such as Central France, North Wales, Western Germany, or even more specific as "close to East Berlin" or something.

While "Bergisches Land" does look like it is German or Austrian, "Wuppertal" sounds more like something you'd encounter in the U.K. ;-)

I have only been to Germany twice, once to do the Euro delivery at Sindelfingen and the optional rally, and the second time to Cologne (Kohn?) for a very festive celebration.

My car was driven from Bremen to Sindelfingen by a factory employee for the Euro delivery, so I have not been to Bremen. I have planned to see Berlin some day, but I do not know anyone from Wuppertal, so they're going to lose out to Hong Kong and Singapore which are my next international destinations.

It seems like many Europeans forget that their entire country is about the size of one to three US states. We have 50 of them, and many of us travel very often around multiple states, our brains get quite full with all the names of the little towns and stuff all around.

For the amount of towns you know in Germany, I know the same amount in Texas, and then add Illinois, Michigan, Florida, etc. etc. Not even including ones I know in the U.K., France, Spain, Japan, Austrailia, etc.

To see how the size of Europe is compared to the USA, go to this link where you can move the USA around to see what state best fits your countries' size.

http://goeurope.about.com/od/europeanmaps/l/bl-country-size-comparison-map.htm

I am not trying to put you down, or say that we are better. I am just trying to intimate that knowing anything but the major cities in European countries is very rare for us, and if the situation was reversed, you would be at the same loss for understanding.

As a side note, it seems for as big of a country as we are, we don't produce much per square mile. Hethans and layabouts, the lot of us!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Happy Fat Eggs!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a good ride! Weather of Kings and 100 miles roadster roads! Hope to get some pics for you.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
What a good ride! Weather of Kings and 100 miles roadster roads! Hope to get some pics for you.
I'm sure...the weather was very nice down here too. Do post some pics!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Pics look great Gero!! There is something missing though.

SLK4.jpg

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
That designo gray looks amazing, hi-res pics, I love it, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pics are made by Harry - is is the owner of the grey - graphite-green-metallic. The fireopal red one belongs to our Ossi. You could find one yellow, pidgeon grey, green and others. But most of the SLK have been silver or black.

Some plates were shown...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts