Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
showed up at the dance with the wrong shoes. I ran a 12.08, 60ft time 1.898 1/8 of a mile [email protected] MPH,trap speed 116.85 mph with 19inch rims and street tires on the car and had to go through the water all day. Experienced racer's that wacthed me a few times where telling me that if I had the right tires on the car, I'd be putting down 11.5 sec. all day long no problem. I'll just have to wait until next year to see.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have the kleemann lsd but without drag tires it was extremely hard to launch and have the car hook up at the same time. I had 14 runs for the day and that was my best time, next was 12.23,12.49 12.61,12.65, and 13.01 which was my fastest trap speed @ 119.87. The other 8 runs I totally laid an egg not worth mentioning.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Woo hoo go Ken!! I was wondering what happened with the track day u mentioned on our last meet. Great runs, I'm sure u got some useful tips on launching. Next thing is to put u up against a lambo or gtr to see how the beast keeps up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moe; I had a great time, learned alot. I look foward to next season. I plan on having the right tires on the car for sure. Like I mentioned before the guys there, that do this all the time where definitely telling me 11.5sec. no problem. Maybe next year you'll be game to come with me and see what your car can do. You'll definitely have a great time! Plus the cars that you'll see there will blow you away.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RacerCub68 thanks for the complement on the exhaust. Believe it or not a couple of guys that where racing said they had to take a second look because they couldn't believe how sweet the exhaust note was coming from my car as it was only one of two M/B's that where there. The rest where all 60's,70's,80's and some newer american muscle cars. I plan on posting up an exhaust note clip in another week or two so everyone can hear how awsome the supersprint system sounds.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Moe; I had a great time, learned alot. I look foward to next season. I plan on having the right tires on the car for sure. Like I mentioned before the guys there, that do this all the time where definitely telling me 11.5sec. no problem. Maybe next year you'll be game to come with me and see what your car can do. You'll definitely have a great time! Plus the cars that you'll see there will blow you away.

For sure! Can't wait till the winter is over . . . . . :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts