Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planned attending a one off track day on SaturdayR) at Golspie kart track, organised by Caithness Car Club. They hold sprint meetings there twice a year, so it would have been a chance to get to know the track, and my (and Mabels) limits, before entering one (which I'd planned this year).

Unfortunately, my daughter has just informed me Saturday is spoken for. She's throwing a party for Mabel (my grandaughter). Her 1st birthday party, her "friends" and their mums, my ex, other family relatives, will all be there. Therefore so must I!

"It'll be fun!" my daughter tells me. Though I thought roaring round a 1000mtr track would have been fun too, it's don the party hat, and a 500 mile drive to Kilmarnock and back this weekend.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,669 Posts
Not looking too good for the weekend. :(

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weather not at all promising for tomorrow or Sunday's return. Got acclimatised for the journey by taking a 4 hour drive up north yesterday, and the same again today, over to the west coast. Rained for 6 out of the 8 hrs, so no roof down. Took in some magnificent scenery though, and the roads were empty for the most part! (Passed 6 cars in 40 miles of single track today!):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts