Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever gotten the text message from MBrace that your car alarm was set off and it wasn't?

For reasons I won't bore you with, my car was not in garage one day last week. I was 30 miles from home, and I got the text that the alarm was set off! I did the 60 miles roundtrip to check on the car, and I saw no signs the alarm had ever been set off. Nevertheless, it concerned/worried me.

The MBrace rep first told me he had never heard of a text being sent if the alarm didn't go off, but 30 seconds later, he told me he had seen that before.

Has that ever happened to anyone else? Text message, but you're sure the alarm didn't go off? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Different make but mine has a 'test' mode that, on a fixed interval, sends me messages stating 'it's still alive'. Does yours have such an option that may be set on after a software update?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,737 Posts
I had that at least twice in the 3 or more years I have had mbrace. Whether false or not it is working!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Did not get any on mine (Mbrace).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just happened to me today. Got the text but the alarm had not been activated. I should also state I just had MBrace activated today. Who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts