Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks,
We decided to run up the the above state park for a top down cruise over the Memorial Day Weekend. About a two hour drive from Chattanooga. The park is on the Cumberland Plateau and thus a little cooler than down in the valley. There are several falls, quite a few hiking trails, a restaurant and hotel/conference center, lake and the requisite activities , so all in all a lot to do there. We had a great time winding through the trees in the SLK, stopping and walking every now and then to see the Falls or an overlook, and enjoying nature like you only can in a top down machine.

I have more pictures, but as I have only figured out how to attach one from my new iPhone so far, you'll have to wait until I fire up the computer tonight to see the rest.

Hope you guys had a great weekend as well.

Edit -
Okay - I finally fired up the LapTop and added and fixed the pictures. I'm going to have to get a kid to show me how to do this on my iPhone.

Another note - You should see my wife shaking her head when I'm out there taking pictures - of my car :biglaugh:

Attachments

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
It looks beautiful! So different from the mountains here in California. But tell me, are those hills filled with areas like the (fictional) Cahulawassee River where Lewis, Ed, Bobby and Drew made a white water, river rafting vacation? ;)

A little "Movie Trivia".........hint: Made the song Dueling Banjos famous

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
My wife and I went river rafting in Tennessee two years ago. I had a blast, but it scared her badly. It's a beautiful state.

·
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It looks beautiful! So different from the mountains here in California. But tell me, are those hills filled with areas like the (fictional) Cahulawassee River where Lewis, Ed, Bobby and Drew made a white water, river rafting vacation? ;)

A little "Movie Trivia".........hint: Made the song Dueling Banjos famous
Well Steven, we say that technically that movie was filmed in Georgia. :)

But as you may know, most of the dumb redneck jokes work on pretty much any state in the American South.

Speaking of dumb hicks - I guess I'm going to have to load theses pics up one at a time - I can't add more than one and I can't get them off the iPhone without emailing them one at a time. And it's sideways - sigh . . .

Oh well.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Gene, that's beautiful as well. But can you give it a 45° turn so we don't have to look at it sideways?

·
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay folks, I fixed everything with my Laptop. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. Have a great day from rainy Chicago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts