Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arranged a factory tour of AMG with the nice Ingrid at Afalterbach. Booked for the end of May. Anyone been? Someone tells me I might need to buy a TUV green sticker, something to do with Germany emission law, does anyone know about this?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I had a tour of the Bremen plant when I picked the sheepsmobile up. It is a bit 'luck of the draw' which production line you go round, but, as there were only two of us, both picking up SLKs the 'German Leprechaun' (the 'tour guide' is half Irish, half German, and highly entertaining) took us round the SLK line. It was well worth going.

I'm sure the Afalterbach tour will be equally good.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
I think Stuttgart is a "green zone" of some sort. Have you thought about where you'll be staying? It might be easier to stay outside of STU and driving in to AMG...then taking the train/Sbahn into Stuttgart if that's part of the plan. We're off to see the MB and Porsche museums at the end of April.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are staying near to Baden Baden for a few days. Plan to do the AMG tour in the morning and probably Porsche in the afternoon.

·
Registered
622 Posts
woolly, how many miles was the drive back from bremen?, i kind of wish i had done a factory pickup now, i would have love to have done the tour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.