Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! After some poking around, the dealership tells me that my 2001 SLK320 has a dead radio and it needs replaced (the wiring has just gone bad being an older car). I'd really like to replace it with an aftermarket radio because I'm not interested in spending an arm and a leg to pay the dealership to put in another factory radio. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?? I called Best Buy and they're telling me that I will have trouble with aftermarkets because they won't integrate into my speaker system. Well I love my Bose and they sound great, I don't really want to pay for all new speakers either. HELP! I feel like I'm stuck either way I go spending way too much $. I'm hoping that someone here may have some insight and knowledge on the issue! Thanks!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,649 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location.

If you haven’t, please post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at Arms

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Welcome and do a search.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Contact Ed Ebel at Becker AutoSound in NJ. They are great guys and can update your Becker with Ipod, etc. Tell them I sent you their way. Contact Ed at [email protected]
Becker AutoSound, LLC
Attn: Ed Ebel in Service
170 North Fifth Street
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663

201-773-0976

Len

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! Sorry, I'm new here and still trying to figure it out. I found a few posts that have really helped me out, thanks again! =)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Possibility of getting your unit repaired? or better yet get a used one. salvage yards can cross reference with other MB that use the same head unit. Also can try insurance services in your area that specializes in theft recover/flood car repairs. They have access to all makes of radios. All options lot cheaper than oe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.