Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I fell in love with the AMG since last week I have test driven the SLK55. The engine is awesome and that's one of the best car for street use.

I really like the SLK Black Series in Silver. I am thinking to refund my GT3 mark2 deposit and switch to the facelift SLK Black Series.

Any thoughts about the switching?

How much better does the Black Series compared with SLK55?

Any news about when will the facelift SLK Black Series release?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Keep in mind that the black series is NOT a convertible. The top is hard top is static.

(unless that has changed recently)

D

·
0 Posts
Any facelift stuff will be in line with the SLK55 since the BS is an SLK55 without its hydraulics.

The SLK wont be comparable with GT3, the SLK is a step backward in that sense.

How much better is the BS? None, its a marketing exercise all you do to duplicate is remove the roof hydraulics, buy some Kleeman/Renntech headers and if you want have a CF roof made.

If you want my honest opinion stick to the GT3

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
It might be in a couple of months time but I dont have a feeling that MB will release another Black series AMG SLK, isnt it all about low quantities because its a special edition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much better is the BS? None, its a marketing exercise all you do to duplicate is remove the roof hydraulics, buy some Kleeman/Renntech headers and if you want have a CF roof made.

If you want my honest opinion stick to the GT3
You are Right.

If I want a track car, the GT3 is the one.

For street use, the SLK55 030 is way good enough. That is better than the BS SLK55 and GT3.

I am lucky enough to drive a SLK55 BS today. Compared it to the SLK55 030 and all I have to say the SLK55 030 is the way to go. The BS just a little faster because of some weight lose, BUT the non-carbon bucket seats is uncomfortable and the perfromace is not enough to cover the non open roof. Now, I really think the BS version SLK is a riff off from the marketing department.

If I would buy one. I gonna place an order for a special color 08 SLK55 with P030.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.