Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs S loves my SLK so much she wants one of her own.

So am looking for a spoilt facelift R171 350.

Needs to be automatic, have low mileage and not be silver.

Would prefer all the usual options / extras.

If you are thinking of selling let me know :smile:

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Like the sound of that @davest4s . Wish Mrs Q would opt to get rid of her Cascada and have an SLK - I'd consider giving her my R172 and having an R171 with all the extras.

Unfortunately, we need a four-seater to ferry grandchildren once or twice a year (Yippee, I'm getting a convertible E-Class), so this fantasy is unlikely to happen any time soon....

·
Premium Member
599 Posts

Best thing we did we found it hard to get the colour interior and goodies it tended to be fab colour no extras.
Only thing after borrowing the 55 and listening to the yummy burble I still hanker for one but then I drive the 350 and I'm happy again..

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best thing we did we found it hard to get the colour interior and goodies it tended to be fab colour no extras.
Only thing after borrowing the 55 and listening to the yummy burble I still hanker for one but then I drive the 350 and I'm happy again..
Tell me about it Debs, finding any at all. Lined up 2 cars to look at and buy on Monday, both sold. And it bugs me they are still being advertised to rub it in!

Patience I know.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like the sound of that @davest4s . Wish Mrs Q would opt to get rid of her Cascada and have an SLK - I'd consider giving her my R172 and having an R171 with all the extras.

Unfortunately, we need a four-seater to ferry grandchildren once or twice a year (Yippee, I'm getting a convertible E-Class), so this fantasy is unlikely to happen any time soon....
We'll you've got to get your priorities right, we'll still have our old trusty 5 Series Touring to ferry people and things about. And more importantly enable me to keep my SLK tucked up all winter :grin:

Real stats on the Nissan Leaf for us is a range of 65 miles not 124 as advertised, and 5.5p a mile not 2p. Range has become an issue for Mrs S. Or an excuse for a SLK hmm? :smile:

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Tell me about it Debs, finding any at all. Lined up 2 cars to look at and buy on Monday, both sold. And it bugs me they are still being advertised to rub it in!

Patience I know.[/QUOTE

The cars I loved for the colour tended to be bog standard with smaller engines I'm guessing aimed at women as the ones with all the bits n bobs were blokey interior.
It's even worse looking at the 55s
I use mine as my everyday car and moan when I have to use the big 4x4 as it's just not as comfy.
The right one will come along if your prepared to wait and the mrs will love it

·
Super Moderator
24,777 Posts

Patience I know.[/QUOTE

The cars I loved for the colour tended to be bog standard with smaller engines I'm guessing aimed at women as the ones with all the bits n bobs were blokey interior.
It's even worse looking at the 55s
I use mine as my everyday car and moan when I have to use the big 4x4 as it's just not as comfy.
The right one will come along if your prepared to wait and the mrs will love it

Hmm!
No moaning when nicking the 55 though!

We were surprised by the number of cars that didn't have the spec.
I know the SLK range isn't cheap, but why buy a new one and not spec it up for a few hundred quid.

The right one will come.

Took me months to find the right 55 for me.
Like you with the 350 dave, I'd find them, plan to see in a couple of days and find them gone.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts

I have to say that my SLK350 is the best car I have ever owned. In terms of power at 305bhp she has plenty of grunt. I really struck lucky to be the first to view and I agreed to buy her on the spot. She comes with almost all of the options that could be specified so I am well pleased. If my wife wants to find me she knows where to look as I am invariably in the garage cleaning and making sure my pride and joy is looking her best. I would only sell her if I could find a facelift SLK55 that was in as good condition and that I could afford, the 350 is that good. Anyway good luck in finding Mrs S her car as now is the time to buy before prices go up for the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got one!

Trawling the usual sale websites has paid off, just bought this one.

Mrs S is over the moon. I guess we are now members of the his n hers club:grin:

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful we saw one the same when we were looking but didn't have the goodies
Your mrs gonna be a happy lady
Already is :smile:

She can't believe it's the same colour as the one we missed out on.

It is a 2010 350, only 23,000 miles with fsh, with the usual required extras including a full AMG body kit, which is a real bonus.

Only problem, is she's got to wait to next weekend to pick it up, as they're refurbishing 2 of the wheels.

Top of the improvement list is the smarttop and an exhaust adjustment >:D

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Already is :smile:

She can't believe it's the same colour as the one we missed out on.

It is a 2010 350, only 23,000 miles with fsh, with the usual required extras including a full AMG body kit, which is a real bonus.

Only problem, is she's got to wait to next weekend to pick it up, as they're refurbishing 2 of the wheels.

Top of the improvement list is the smarttop and an exhaust adjustment >:D
Fantastic made up for her.

Those improvements still on my list since Im having to sort my alloys out between one new alloy 4 tyres and powder coating my funds have run out that said I'll have purple wheels I can just hear the gasps now

The car was ment to be for her

Everyone says how good it is to drive roof down sunny day but just nipping down the shops makes me smile and we can do a full shop in Stirling but that's probably down to myks packing skills

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.