Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed before, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Does anybody know if this Facelift Automatic Shifter (2105451432)

Is able to be fitted to a prefacelift SLK230 which has this shifter (2022670137)

From what I have read I can see no reason why it shouldn't, but I thought maybe someone here has looked into it before and might be able to shed some light as to if this is doable or not.

Cheers
Jay

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Jay, your photos are not showing up. Could be that photos cannot be posted until you reach 15 entries in the forum....

I searched those part numbers at a couple of MB parts houses. Could not get a hit on 2105451432. Part 2022670137 is a "bearing bracket". Are you inquiring about the entire shift assembly?

Tim

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm talking about the entire shift assembly. The prefacelift one has D-4-3-2-1. While the facelift one has -D+.

I'd like to put the facelift one in my prefacelift SLK, but was curious if anyone had attempted it before.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also if you do a Google Image Search on those part no's youll see the different shifters

Cheers
Jay

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Also if you do a Google Image Search on those part no's youll see the different shifters

Cheers
Jay
I did that as well and got the result you did regarding photos. Our 1999 SLK has 1 2 3 D but we also have a 2000 C230 that has the D + -. I would think that the transmission is the same, the 2 different boxes control it by different means, but I don't know that for sure.

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, Couldn't work out how to edit my first post, so here goes.

I'd like to put this shift mechanism

Into a car that has this Shift Mechanism

Does anyone know if it is possible, or has anyone done it before?
Cheers
Jay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
No idea, but I'd love to do it also as I have the D 4 3 2 1 mechanism. Put it in and let us know :D. TBH, if I were a gambling man, I'd say it would work.
I would bet with Andy too. Thinking that the 2 assemblies have different physical layouts to accomplish the same thing electronically.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just found one of each unit on eBay and I don't think a swap would work, or at least it wouldn't be straight forward!

On the PND4321 selector, the arm underneath that goes through to the gearbox is quite long.
On the PND+/- selector, this arm is considerably shorter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2001 and had to replace my gear shift assembly. The first one I ordered off ebay was of the 4321 variety, the mounting holes on the assembly weren't the same. The second one I ordered had the D +/- without the winter/summer (w/s) switch. The arm on the lower section was straight and the one on mine is bent slightly like a J. Even though the mounting holes matched when you connected to the transmission linkage it would not go into place. The third one fit like a charm. I still have the other 2 as reminders to make sure you double-check everything before you purchase :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts